How it Works
CelluDot’s solution to herbicide drift is a formulation consisting of nanocellulose-based networks that bind to the herbicide, reducing its vaporization and increasing its adherence to plants.
BioGrip™ gets rid of pigweed
By combining the functionality of various ingredients in a single formulation, CelluDot’s convenient one-step solution will reduce farmers’ risk of errors during preparation of their tank mix with other adjuvant, while keeping the overall cost comparable to that of existing herbicidal additives.
DRIFT REDUCING AGENT
- Extremely coarse droplets (i.e., VMD between 500-665 micron) as per wind tunnel tests.
- Spray droplets have low drift potential as per ASABE S572.1 size classification
VOLATILITY REDUCING AGENT
- Reduced dicamba volatility by 50%, as per EPA-based humidome tests.
- Retained herbicidal efficacy (i.e., > 95%) against recalcitrant weeds at low adjuvant use rates (i.e., 0.5% – 1% v/v).
- DVRA also serves as a petroleum-free, green surfactant (surface tension ≤ 30 mN/m).
- Biodegradable and non-toxic to freshwater organisms (OECD 302B and OECD 201 tests).
- No mixing compatibility issues with fungicides and fertilizers.